AP bids from natural sources

From: Graeme Willoughby <g.willoughby_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 10:55:27 +0100

Hi All,

In extended contests against natural phenomena, what Ap does the natural phenomena bid? Example: in crossing the barrier to the other side, it's decided that an extended contest is aprrpriate, the player bids as normal, but when it comes to the barrier's turn what does it bid? I'm thinking at the moment of the defualt bid (3+3xno. of masteries), which wont change throughout the contest. Any other suggestions?

Also on a related issue what about "coup de grace" on such a contest? Example: at the end of the contest above, the player has a marginal victory, but she wants to try to increase the victory level to gain the extra carryover, can she use coup de grace in this way. (I'm in two minds about this one)

Finally, to bring things to extremes, can the force be "wounded" in such a combat. (I can't see how to interpret this so I'm inclined to disallow it)

Cheers

Graeme