Re: Hshuschen-esque Spirits/Totems

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 09:15:35 -0400

> Instead he is a 'pure' Telmori who has the potential to learn to
> shapeshift but has never done so. He would have been initiated into
> Orlanth but could also have a Wolf-Spirit companion who gives him some
> sort of ability with wolves. If he ever discovered or worked out where
> he came from he would be able to go back and follow the path of his
> people. (Query: Can hunschen (? sp) interbreed with 'normal' humans?)

Um, yes. But the hsunchen call it bestiality and its one of the few crimes that will get you hunted down and killed. I don't know if the offspring would be considered hsunchen or not, but considering how traditionalthey are (and this despite their declining populations in most cases!), the offspring might be considered blasphemy. Of course if they can adopt the non-hsunchen parent into the True People (which is damned hard to do but possible -- it just might kill the other person though) then there's no problem...

Now, a true child that got lost would probably be somethign they might want to recover when they find out about him or her -- assuming the child is still considered worth recovering (Narrator's call there) or sould be destroyed as a danger. Some good RP potential there.

As to mixing magic types, I'd just say 'what's learned in the cradle...' is how you see the world. Changing the worldview is going to be VERY Difficult.

Jeff