AP bids from natural sources

From: t.s.baguley_at_...
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 14:40:56 +0100

>Re: slings and arrowsRe: slings and arrowsMessage: 2
> Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 10:55:27 +0100
> From: Graeme Willoughby <g.willoughby_at_...>
>Subject: AP bids from natural sources
>
>Hi All,
>
>In extended contests against natural phenomena, what Ap does the natural
>phenomena
>bid? Example: in crossing the barrier to the other side, it's decided that an
>extended contest is aprrpriate, the player bids as normal, but when it
>comes to
>the barrier's turn what does it bid? I'm thinking at the moment of the defualt
>bid (3+3xno. of masteries), which wont change throughout the contest. Any
>other
>suggestions?

I thought about this and my idea was to fix the bids according to the stage of the contest.

For example:

Mountain (30 APs) 10w1

1st section 21-30 APs bids: 3 (easy slopes) 2nd section 11-20 APs bids: 10 (tricky overhang, loose rocks or whatever) 3rd section 1-10 APs bids: 7 (steep and dangerous)

For some phenomena (e.g, raging storm) I might make random bids (2D6 ?), or only have the PC bid.

Thom