Descriptions, and Cloggers.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 21:27:36 +0100 (BST)

Bryan Thexton:
> Obviously, as the saying goes, you can't please all of
> the people all the time. The nebulous feats was
> obviously a design decision of the rules. It is
> totally fair for you not to like the ambiguity, and
> you are free to define the feats more tightly for your
> own use, but I totally fail to see how the fact that
> you don't like the ambiguity is a rules issue.

Feat descriptions aren't rules? The utility thereof isn't a rules issue?

> It takes enough time to read these lists as is,
> without a lot of non-constructive criticism clogging
> them up.

That's unfair. Numerous people have made assorted suggestions about 'useful variants'; if there's 'non-constructive criticism' that's 'clogging' anything, it seems to be largely from the "Your suggestion would ruin the game, which is Platonicly Perfect as it stands" crowd.

Cheers,
Alex.