Re: Low bids in combat

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 22:10:16 +0100 (BST)

Andrew Barton on 'reckless Orlanthi' tactics:
> A few comments. First off, I don't think the 'cultural' tactics are bad.

If I wasn't clear, my apologies to all. I think they were pretty correct, culturally; I just think it's not reflected in the HW rules. I appreciate HW isn't a 'simulationist' game, but it's extremely unfortunate if players are being 'incentivised' by their culture to do one thing, and by their own best interests (and in plot terms, those of the characters' community, too) to do the opposite.

Cheers,
Alex.