Re: Re: Low bids in combat

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 00:03:03 +0100 (BST)

Mikko Rintasaari waxes even constructiver:
> A rather appropriate Orlanthi feat would be something that would give
> you extra AP that you have to bid immediately, or at least soon.

Good point. Even having the AP ought to encourage this, actually, without the added restriction.

Myles Corcoran, erstwhile (or should I say, once and future?) player in my HW game suggested something like this for 'passion'- like abilities. This is beginning to grow on me, for the very reason that the only way to make use of one's prodigious amount of APs is to bet 'em, which is certainly the 'passionate' thing to do.

> Or parhaps a feat that doubles the AP value of your bid, if you bid high
> enough...

Another good one. One might think of this as a variant 'edge' mechanic. Alas, multiplication by decimals in mid-play is a touch vexatious, so the existing, additive edges are easier to play in the general case. I wonder if there's not another tweak that would get around this, though...

Cheers,
Alex.