Re: Minimaxing (was: something to do with AP bids...)

From: Steven White <fringe_worthy_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 23:39:18 -0000

Hey... I see it as a start. In most game it's nearly always just the players against the world. At least for me, having followers is foreign. Or at least responsability.

So, HW makes them easy to start with, and effective. Without having them be an endless distraction as you wait for your DM to run your half dozen follower's attacks. (Twiddle, sigh, yawn, hey, he got scragged.. Now the DM only has to roll for 11!)

Later on we pump them up, name them, give them further history. Or at least the interesting one. Halfgnard Always Wounded.. damn, every fight we get in, he falls over, but he never dies...

Hey, with some more HP, some writing, and maybe neat funcky actions, they will turn into real characters, once you're comfortable with it. So it's a way to slide them into the spotlight, even if it's as the chorus behind.

Steven White
Not that my char has any followers. :)