Descriptions.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 05:08:14 +0100 (BST)

Roderick Robertson on SR/TR contents:
> Does this fit Alex Ferguson's scheme of "how things should be?" Heck if I
> know, but I'm sure that you'll let all of us know exactly how you feel. Will
> I care for his opinion? I'll leave it to your fertile imagination to figure
> it out.

Care for, or care about, I doubt on the evidence presented. You asked (Mikko) what should be cut, and I told you. (Dangerous place to ask rhetorical questions.) Not much point in repeating my views, since I already gave everyone the 'benefit' of same, to your evident fury... I have no idea what the availablity, quality, and difficulty issues with the assorted material there may well have been for all I know, but purely a customer, I see nothing wrong with opining on what _I'd like_ to have seen.

I you have a strong preference, I may forebear to say no more for now, and just be wise after the event...

> So why, out of the several descriptions that have circulated (at least
> four), people still complain?

Because I'd like to have a game in which one doesn't need to sit around as Tetchy a newsgroup as Gloranthan ones have a remarkably tendancy to become to _get_ such information. Issaries makes a big hoo-hah out of publishing a game that will attract newcomers to Glorantha: and then publishes cult descriptions it takes a large, unruly committee of Gloranthan know-it-alls to come up with any sort of useful, indeed, playable, interpretation of same?

Bah.

Cheers,
Alex.