Re: Heated ambiguity, and bids.

From: Steven White <fringe_worthy_at_...>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 06:06:55 -0000

Balen laughed, "The priestess squealed like a pig when I was doing her, so I cut her throat like one after I was done." He sat in the high seat, admong his bandit cohort, drinking, enjoying this fine steed they had taken for the winter. It was good to be a bandit king.

The door slammed open, the winter wind howling inside, carrying snow, just outlining the figure standing with upraised ax. She strode inside, letting all see the tattoos covering her face, the grisly trophies at her waist. Balen half stood, frozen in shock, vengeance before him, almost unable to shout out, "Kill her, Kill her", his voice rising to a terrified squeal.

His men charged the Babester Gor, who snarled, a low growling sound, as if from deep cave, darkness spilling out of her mouth, enfolding them all. They shouted, getting in each other's way as they tried to find her admits the darkness.

Balen, stood, pulling his sword, head going from side to side, trying to spot her, just hearing the screams of his men being cut down.

The last thing he saw was the glint of an ax, and her face twisted in rage.

Using the darkness of the Earth to allow her to avenge injury might be quite appropriate? It certainly invokes terror. And considering the affinity is Terror Bellow.

Hero wars rule wise, one way to play that might be that you have to succeed at a see in darkness, or some other detection ability to be able to spot her, to be able to attack, or even serve as a follower to her target.

It also ties in well with her See in Darkness Feat.

That and a more personal blinding feat works well.

And for snarling up darkness... Well, how many beasts hide in darkness? Having it stripped away from them, tangled, taken away, leaving them caught bare, vulnerable to revenge. Losing darkness is certainly terror for them. After all, the Vingans have Fight against Uz... (The vampire slid forwards, shielded from view, shielded from them moon... soon another stead shall fall to it, but a snarl screamed out behind him... He tried to pull his darkness near, but it frayed, twisting away.... Ooops.)

Players need more terror in their lives, even if its not pointed at them.

Steven White

Hey Jeff, why are all the terrifying humans in your campaign female? At least most of them belong to our clan....