Re: Feats

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 10:38:56 -0400

Julian Lord wrote:

> Roderick :
>
> > I bet there are people RIGHT NOW who think
> > that the four feats listed in each affinity are all there is, even though we
> > say otherwise.
>
> Yes ; that's actually a problem. A couple of lines about all listed Feats
> being*examples* should, IMO, be featured *quite prominently* (and perhaps in
> bold face?) in the 2nd printing of HW.
>
> cheers,
>
> Julian Lord

One of the things I do when running a demo is hammer home that you can improvise. I suggest possible improvisations to the players when appropriate, depending on the characters and heroband they use for starting up.

Pointing out to an Orlanthi that he can hurt that annoying archer by sucking out his breath (or in one notable case, eyeballs) usually is greeted with the cheerful viciousness of the whacked-upon PC. Frequently, they come up with ideas that I'd never have thought of (but cheerfully inflict on others... once I've learned the feat). I suppose the moral of the story is that good flexible habits should be taught and *shown* as early as possible.

Jeff