Re: Berserk ??

From: Andrew Dawson <asmpd_at_...>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 13:42:18 -0400

At 01:25 PM 06/21/2000 +0100, Michael Cule wrote:
>In message <000a01bfdb5e$27d8ed80$d5804dd1_at_craigdodge>, Craig
><yausujun_at_...> writes
>>All this talk of Berserking has got me wondering....
>>What are the game effects of going berserk ?

>If you've got the deluxe set try looking in the Game Terms bit of the
>handout. IIRC that explains it clearest.

Also pp. 42-43 of HW:RiG and a look at the errata for that page. I think that Roderick's statement about berzerks fighting below 0 AP is also important. Now if Roderick would answer Wulf's question about how a zombie (or NPC berserker) with less than 0 AP can bid AP, we'd (those of us on this list) probably be set.

My house rule is that zombies and berserkers continue to bid as much as they want at nonpositive AP levels, subject to the initial ability rating cap.

I'm still not happy with berserkers who are at negative AP levels not transferring AP when losing. I can live with this, to a certain degree, as a creepy undead effect, but it bothers me with mortal berserkers.

Later,
Andy