Re: low bids in combat; missile fire;feat descriptions

From: Dan Pettersson <junk_at_...>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 14:14:49 +0200

Ian Cooper wrote:
> If players persist in trying to play the mechanics don't award then
> any hero points for the session. No heroic actions, no hero points.
> Players who have no hero points will find advancement v.difficult and
> be outclassed in future combtas by narrator characters who do.
> Similalry players who are able to provide good descriptions of their
> actions, and act heroically should be rewarded with extra hero
> points, they are after all acting heroically.

A friend of mine and I discussed this over a meal yesterday and came to a similar conclusion, why not give a non-heroic acting hero a reputation for cowardice. To have the people of his clan singing "Brave, brave Sir Robin" in his honour might make our hero a bit more heroic the next time. Of course this requires a witness, but as a narrator
that should be easy too arrange.

/P:son