RE: Re: One More Sunset Leap Post and Subcults

From: Frank Rafaelsen <rafael_at_...>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 15:11:15 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 22 Jun 2000, Nick Brooke wrote:

> All I want is for Sunset Leap *not* to be defined [that evil word!] as "in
> no way a teleport power, no siree!" Is that really too much to ask?

I hope not. By leaving the affinities undefined you first of all lower the learning curve for the players, prevent rules-lawyering, and open up for player innovation and creativity. All are good things in my book. And leaving magic mostly undefined works very well. I know from numerous SAGA campaigns.

Personally I have a weak notion that Sunset Leap is going to be used as a teleport (Orlanth Adventerous has another feat that covers leaping; Rock Jumping/Leaping (?)), but if my players have any other ideas it might change. I like this very much.

Now for a couple of question on subcults:

Can devotees be members of subcults of their god? How much magic does a subcult give (a singe feat or a whole affinity?).

Ha en god dag!
Frank Rafaelsen