Danfive Xaron cult

From: David Stephen Bell <davebell_at_...>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 00:29:37 -0000

This is a first draft for one of my players' characters (he's knocking around with one of Spindle Hag's followers - interesting party :)). I guess SGU will probably render this obsolete but in the meantime I'd appreciate comments and advice (and perhaps more evocative affinity titles).

Danfive Xaron (Bridge for the Seeker): God of Corrections and Redemption through Suffering

Entry Requirements: Criminals or those moved by guilt who wish to repent. Joining is always voluntary. Slaves are not allowed to join.

Physical Skills: Flail weapons, Unarmed combat, Tough.

Mental Skills: Mythology of the Seven Mothers, Sense criminal, Intimidate, Self-discipline, Teach Lunar Way, DX Philosophy.

Affinities:
Darkmoon (Enchant Shackle, Find Fugitive, Flay, Coerce, Fanatical Brotherhood)
Mastery (Heal wound, Resist Pain, Master Own Emotions, Control Others Emotions)
Stasis (Sense Deviation, Read Mind, Oath, Sense Truth)

Secret: Free Mind (allows the character to free themselves of any mundane or magical influence or control)

Worshippers: All those within the Empire who are beyond or outside of the law are ipso facto lay members. Initiates are termed Penitents, live in 'Penitentiaries' are only allowed back into the outside world once they have proven true to the Sevenfold Path. Devotees or Catechumen must show even greater control over their weaknesses before the inquisitors.

Other Side: Danfive Xaron has his Penitentiary on the dark side of the surface of the Red Moon by the Rodjia Waters. A gateway leads from there to the Dark Age and to the underworld by the River Styx.

Other Connections: Danfive Xaron is one of the Seven Mothers.

Disadvantages: All worshippers constantly wear manacles to remind themselves of their sin. Cult magics are not subject to the Lunar Cycle (during his life DX rejected the Lunar Way).

Adapted without permission (sorry guys) from the excellent RQ3 write up in Tales 16 by Mike Hagen, assisted by Nick Brooke, Chris Gidlow and David Hall. This is a must read.