Re: grievous wounds; feats; default bid

From: David Cake <dave_at_...>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 12:14:04 +0800

At 6:03 PM -0700 20/6/00, David Dunham wrote:
>Assuming it's written correctly,
>it's not effective *against* darkness, but would be a low snarl that
>makes you so terrified your vision starts closing in.

        Surely that would be Snarl Makes Blindness, rather than Darkness, or something similar? I can certainly handle snarling darkness into existence, that just doesn't quite seem to be what you are describing. In Glorantha, Darkness is an element, not a condition.

At 6:03 PM -0700 20/6/00, David Dunham wrote:
> > and Leaping Shield.
>
>An Orlanth Combat feat. I'd certainly allow this to be used as a
>defensive ability, and it's possibly one of the few that you can
>defend other people with ("The dark troll hurls a boulder at the
>healer." "I toss my Leaping Shield in the way to protect her.")

        It still seems to be clumsily named. Leaping seems to be used somewhat metaphorically here. Use Shield At A Distance, for example, might better represent what it does, or Control Thrown Shield, or something.

        I have nothing against somewhat 'poetic' names for feats, such as Widows Howl, Sunset Leap, and Leaping Shield, as long as the name of the feat isn't doing double duty as sole explanation of what it does. Putting these names in for flavour is cool - giving them in place of a clear explanation is not. How about just add them in after the 'real' name? Ie Shout Hurts Hearers (aka Widows Howl), Leap At Dusk (aka Sunset Leap, Dusk-Leaping Feat).

	Cheers
		David