Big spirit dudes

From: James Turner <j.a.turner_at_...>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 10:24:19 +0100

Jeff:
>They get a new set of spirits to be their friends with and new talents
>to learn and possibly a new tradition to play with.

Jonas:
>They get easier (tradition-level) access to some new types of minor
>spirit, I would assume. At least, that's the alternative I've been
>suggesting all along. :-)

I have some problems with spirit cults.

I don't like giving them traditions, doing this would make Dew Maid as powerful as Waha (for example)and I don't like giving them little spirits either.

If all Lightning Boy does is give access to lightning spirits for shamans why bother with Lightning Boy at all, he is just a middle man. The rules seem (imo) to encourage a player shaman to come up with all sort of nifty ideas for fetishes/integrated spirits. There is nothing to prevent any old shaman going up to the spirit plane looking for a lightning spirit and putting it in a fetish.
Also it's the big spirits themselves that are supposed to have the special power not the little spirits that hang around them.

Lightning Boy and all the other big spirit dudes must give something unique or else they wouldn't still be known, sort out and "worshiped".

James Turner
j.a.turner_at_...