Re: Digest Number 139

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 10:39:56 -0400

> >skill?) for Orlanth the Thunderer. Perhaps we want to express it in English,
> >say Read Lightning?
> >
> >--
> >Henrix
>
> Wonderful find. I'd keep it as Fulguration. Not much room for ambiguity there!
>
> Thom

Yes, that's an interesting word. Quite chewy and tasty!

And I think Fulguration (pronunciation?) would 'just' be the sort of divination practiced by Orlanthi priests. Watching the lightning. Divination, of course, uses your Worship or Devotee ability. But it might make a neat supplemenatary Knowlege Ability.

Its my understanding that diviniation methods are now very deity specific (though that's more colour/flavor rather than any actual rules)

And a useful title for a kick-butt godi with too much eductation.

Jeff