Re: Re: One More Sunset Leap Post

From: David Cake <dave_at_...>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 18:40:54 +0800

>I would suspect that I'm happier with the names we have now. As to
>Teleport, I would use (as was suggested) Seven League Stride or Across
>Thrice Kingdoms.

        Well, I like these as optional names (in the same vein as Widows Shout), but not as actual feat descriptions. For actual feat names (which are, after all, our only description of what a feat does, I favour clarity over poetry, as I am sure is abundantly clear by now.

>Grecco-Roman myth is filled with instances of the gods letting someone
>get from point a to point b VERY, VERY quickly. Its at some point one
>wonders whether its speed or soemthing entirely. I view telportation as
>a quick hop through somewhere else.

        Lots of mythology has getting around very very quickly - the Monkeys Kings Cloud Trapeze, Seven League boots, being whisked around by djinn in a great wind. I feel that 'go very very fast' is not the same as Teleport, though. Seven League booting out of an underground cave, for example, doesn't seem right.

	Cheers
		David