RE: Re: One More Sunset Leap Post

From: David Cake <dave_at_...>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 00:16:02 +0800

        I am having real difficulty replying to Frank without it turning into a real Glorantha Digest post, with point by point rebuttals. However, the summary comes down to saying that almost certainly what Frank is argueing so aggressively against is not at all what I was advocating.

        I was simply advocating that a feat name be something straightforward like 'Lift Objects With Wind' rather than something ambiguous like 'Sunset Leap'. Frank, if I have read you wrong, and you really do strongly object to less ambiguous names (you seem very much to object to 'rules lawyering', which kind of implies that you think I am going to somehow sneak paragraphs of rules into my less ambiguous names), please restate your convictions.

        That said, I do think the occasional word of explanation is not a bad thing, like the explanations of feats in The Food Thief, and really called for for some areas (even if most feats stand on their own as is).

        Cheers

                David