Re: HUMAKTI ABILITY

From: David Cake <dave_at_...>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 01:21:37 +0800

>david says:
><Nup, Humakti get Shield. In both RQ2 and 3, plus they also
>get some defensive spirit magic in both.>
>
> IMG warriors
>prayed for greater speed, power and ferocity than their opponents,
>not protection from them, and that is what made them live longer...

        Ah, wannabe heroes. The experienced professionals are staying well away from them, then... even the ones on their side (well, especially the ones on their side). If you have greater speed, power and ferocity, but no better defenses - then the smart ones on the other side will be taking you down first, somehow.

><The cult of Humakt reflects this multiplicity of roles - some places
>they stress loyalty, some places heroism, some places honour, some
>places grim killers.>
>
>does this mean that sartarite humakti think tarshite humakti are
>wusies for asking humakt to turn aside their opponent's sword strokes?

        The Sartarite humakti think tarshite humakti are Yanafals Tarnils loving traitors, I thought.

        The think that makes Humakt really fun to me is that the two simple values of the cult (Death and Truth) makes for such a multiplicity of roles. Vicious murderers, high minded paladins, pragmatic veterans, wild-eyed suicide squads, wandering duellists, honorable commanders. In a clan feud plot, or example, Humakti are ideally placed to be villainous leaders, vengeance crazed protagonists - or impartial (due to repudiating clan ties) peace makers and honest brokers.

	Cheers
		David