Re: Howls of Terror

From: Wesley Quadros <wquadros_at_...>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 22:37:14 -0700

>Yes! I like it! Took me a couple of seconds to grasp (still not used to
the
>game) what you meant by applying the result as a modifier, but then I
realized:
>Minor victory -1; Major 50%; Complete, no actions allowed. that's
exactly how

Precisely. :-)

>those ghouls should do it, albeit I don't know if I'll allow my players
to have
>it, just like that. And I don't think the ghouls terrorize other
ghouls, of
>course.

And I tell you, it was not easy to get the ability. We were on a major hero quest that was backed by two orlanthi clans. We were accompanied by 12 followers of various flavours and our characters were all high mastery. We faced a two-headed monster who's howl of terror sent our followers packing and inflicted the -1 penalty on most of us. The monster nearly killed two of us before it finally fell and we cut its hearts out and two of us ate them. Thus the ability.

--
---

Wesley Quadros
Cruise Director