Re: Re: HUMAKTI ABILITY, a story about healing a sword of humakt

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 08:04:13 +0300 (EET DST)

On Mon, 26 Jun 2000, David Cake wrote:

> Good story.
> Though for the Humakti dislike of healing, its worth
> remembering that Humakt has always taught first aid, and been
> associated with Arroin, so they are that hostile to healing.
> I think some Humakti are quite happy to be healed, while
> others are not. Again, there is no single way Humakti are.
> (and, of course, some Humakti are geased teetotallers, while
> some are fond of a beer, etc)
> Cheers
> David

I agree totally. It's just that this Gerlef Ravenswing is a 17 years old Sword from the Household of Death. They don't come much more serious than that.

He's given away enjoyment from food or drink (everything tastes like ash)

He has sworn to fight to the death each fight he get's into (in effect kill all those who he draws his weapon on).

He has pledged to only fight with his sword Ravenswing, and will wield no other weapon.

He will use no poisons, and won't lie.

(those are the things I can remember offhand)

Of course he has also cut himself off from his kin of the Sun Thanes clan, as all of the Household of Death.

  ---

The sword Ravenswing is an iron broadsword with a twohanded grip. Forged of blackend iron, it's cross guard is shaped like a pair of black raven's wings. The name of the sword comes from the powerful EWF era raven spirit of death that lives within the sword. (There's a connection to the famous raven banner)

The sword is a powerful trueblade, and can be thrown quite a distance (black ghostly raven wings manifesting from the guard). Gerlef has heroquested mightily for the spirit of his blade (with the backup of the Household of Death, and indeed the kingdom of sartar(!). He is still quite new to Ravenswing and doesn't yet know the limits of it's power.

        -Adept