RE: Feat descriptions and Enhancements

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_...>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 07:51:37 +0100

Dave Cake wrote:

> We already have that in HW - affinities let you improvise,
> the feats are the set spells.

Drifting away from the topic, does it seem wrong to anyone else that you enhance using Feats, not Affinities? Because, after all, if I have one mondo Affinity, I can improvise any number of Feats and use each of these in a separate Enhancement attempt (augmentation/edge).

Now, if the rule was "once per affinity", there'd be a natural ceiling on the number of rolls made. I am aware that Greg and Roderick think it's a feature that players can spend forever talking through exciting arming rituals (etc.), usually while imagining Arnie getting tooled up. But were they remembering improvised feats when they wrote these rules?

(BTW, ambiguous feat description from Humakt: "Great Blow". From a former air god, this is risky. And "Lay Ghost," too -- maybe Uleria gets these feats as well, off a different affinity?)

Cheers, Nick