house rule question of augmentation

From: Douglas Seay <douglas.seay_at_...>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 10:24:42 -0400

My group gave HW a test drive last night: created characters and put them into a contrived fight just to see how things worked out. We had the case where some one tried to augment combat, and succeded, but so did the resistance role. The rub was the resistance was the lower die roll, so it was a marginal failure for the player, thus he had x1 penalty. It was only augmentation of 2, so it didn't change things that much, but it didn't feel right.

I think I'll try Complete/Major Success is x2, Minor/Marginal Success is x1, Tie and Marginal/Minor Failure is x0, Major Failure is x-1, and Complete Failure is x-2. Is this a common house rule? Did I misunderstand something?

--
Douglas Seay			Marconi Communications - RTP, NC, USA
douglas.seay_at_...	iFLX development