Re: A Different Feat Question

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 07:43:26 -0000

> Well, I've run my second session of Hero Wars and so far so good.

I've gone through four now, and it's all gone smoother than expected...

I have a
> question about feats, however. It has to do with resistances for
some of the
> feats. Let's take for example something like "Run on Tree Top" or
"Land
> Safely" what have folks been using a resistance for such feats?
Should I, in
> most cases, just treat it as a standard ability test? That was my
first
> inclination but I feel that might be being too lenient.

I would say so, yes. However, I'd not put resistances up too high for the stated purposes, after all, the feats are specifically designed for them. As stated elsewhere, take the highest of magic or mundane abilities, and augment with the other, then resist with the low end of the resistance range.

> Also on a related note how are people interpreting such feats as
"Paralyzing
> Bite" or "Deadly Spear Throw"? It seems they should more than just
> extended AP bidding contest, but making them a simple contest seems
> excessive, any thoughts?

I'm a (loud and annoying :) exponent of Wounds for all sorts of special effects. Get a 7AP win, change it to a Wound, and apply the effect. For the above, I'd say a Wound on 'Paralysing Bite' caused a turn's Dazed condition (miss an action), while 'Deadly Spear Throw'... erm... well, caused a wound? Dazed again? Well, something like that...

Wulf