Re: A Different Feat Question

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 11:35:49 -0000

Seems I'm having some severe difficulty getting my work net connection to function, so pardon any duplication...

I've now run 5, I believe, and am finding fewer problems than anticipated.

I have a
> question about feats, however. It has to do with resistances for
some of the
> feats. Let's take for example something like "Run on Tree Top" or
"Land
> Safely" what have folks been using a resistance for such feats?

As mentioned elsewhere while I was wrestling with this e-mail server, best bet is to augment the higher of magic and mundane with the lower. Use in combination whenever possible (mind you, if your Narrator says each takes an action, and you're character is in middrop  down a cliff, use the higher one alone!).

> Also on a related note how are people interpreting such feats as
"Paralyzing
> Bite" or "Deadly Spear Throw"? It seems they should more than just
> extended AP bidding contest, but making them a simple contest seems
> excessive, any thoughts?

I'm a loud and annoying supporter of Wounds. Wounds can do anything... Paralyzing Bite? Inflict 7+AP, take the Wound option, and leave your victim Dazed for one action (but unwounded). Deadly Javelin Throw is more of a problem, as it's supposed to wound, so using a Wound isn't going to make much difference, but you get the idea, just be creative. Hmm... maybe with Deadly Javelin Throw you can inflict more than one wound?

Wulf