Re: A Different Feat Question

From: Jarec Basham <jarec_at_...>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 13:36:45 -0000

I agree. I would take it that failure is just your God is in the toilet and can't come to the phone right now. This shouldn't go against you. I tend to use (2x, 1x, null and -1x) respectively. Using a feat shouldn't always guarantee some sort of effect. Any form of magic should be capable of just not working otherwise too many people would get zapped by bad results whilst still learning, this would ultimately put people off using magic.

For example: If a young farmer with his first crops was highly likely to get a bad crop because his bless crops feat was a low roll he would quickly stop calling on the Gods and just take his chances.

At least that is how I see it.

Jarec