Re: Q on God-Talkers, Multiple Initiations

From: Richard Addy <rmaddy_at_...>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 12:12:14 -0400

I have a couple of questions about the God-talker keyword ....

How is Perform Sacrifice and Pray different from Worship [Pantheon] and Initiate of [god]? I'm thinking Pray might be the equivalent to the old school Divination, but haven't a clue about how to make Perform Sacrifice a useful ability.

The list of abilities for god-talkers include a couple of things everyone gets anyway (initiate of & myths of [god], IIRC) - why? Does it allow the god-talkers to initiate into multiple cults more easily (so these abiltiies are on top of the abilities provided by the godtalker' s chosen magical keyword)?

which leads me to ...

how do you handle initiation in multiple cults during character generation?

I'm thinking of letting the first one be free, as usual (you pick the character's main diety through chose of magical keyword), and requiring the character to pick up the rest through additional abiltities (with maybe a package deal - use 4-5 picks to get initiate of/myths of, the affinities, and cult skills all at 13).

Thanks!

RIchard