RE: Re: A Different Feat Question

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_...>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 07:48:14 +0100

Dave Cake writes:

>> Mile Throw Javilin is more interesting

> I think, to contradict Nick, that sometimes you have to distinguish
> between a natural ability and a magic ability to do the same thing

So which of your PCs has "Throw Javelin One Mile" as a natural ability?

I'm trying to avoid the situation where (say) Leaping 17 is seen as inferior in every way to Rock-Jumping 17, or indeed Sunset Leap 17. I think you get more advantage out of the "mix" between mundane abilities and magical feats/spells/spirits/whatever than you do by treating all magical abilities as inherently superior to all natural abilities.

I think your One Mile Throw would be helped by your Ranged Combat (javelin) ability, and/or vice versa.

Cheers, Nick