Feats

From: James Turner <j.a.turner_at_...>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 15:21:01 +0100

David Cake:
>Leap Over Trees should let you leap over trees, not small shrubs.

This got me thinking about feats (and I thought I had the rules sorted). Does the following sound right?

If you use it to enhance a non-magical ability. First you have to decide if using magic enhancement allows you to do the impossible. Does a Leap Over Trees augmented leap let you actually leap over a tree or just leap better but still within human norms. If the latter than you're not going to be actually leaping any trees until your magical affinity is high enough to give you a huge enhancement.

If you use it as an ability in its own right. Everything is fine in a simple contest. Roll against 14 with a bonus/penalty depending on size of the trees, succeed and you actually do leap over the trees.
In extended contests though?
As there is no ebb and flow, I guess you have to do an all or nothing stake.

James Turner
j.a.turner_at_...