Re: Re: Fetishes

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 19:50:08 +0100

On Wed, 28 Jun 2000 16:29:58 +0100, "James Turner" <j.a.turner_at_...> wrote:

>Well that sounds ok but....
>The bear spirit example in the rules is for integration not fetish making
>and it points out "Integrated spirits will only give one ability as a
>Talent, even if the spirit normally has several abilities." That's why
>Koschei only gets hibernation and not strength of bear etc.

Oops... sorry, I was indeed thinking Integration, I was thinking that not many Traditions include Leopard Spirits, so you would only get it 1-use unless you Integrated. You can, remember, Integrate a spirit into a fetish - it's stuck there permanently, anyone can use it, it acts like an Integrated spirit, but can't be increased in ability.

>I think it's the word spirit that's giving me problems.
>If you defeat a leopard spirit and stuff it in a fetish you should have a
>leopard spirit in there since a leopard spirit is a singular thing.

Yes, agreed, either 1-use, or using a known Tradition. Exactly what a leopard spirit would be capable of is up to your Narrator. Either a set list of effects at possibly varying levels, or a single Might usable for anything 'leopardy'.

Wulf