Re: Re: Edges and Handicaps.

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 15:24:34 -0400

guy hoyle wrote:

> |I can't see any basis in the rules for using weapon ranks
> |defensively, as
> |some have suggested.
>
> Hmm. How would parrying be handled, then? That was a crucial part of RQ
> combat.
>
> Guy

Its subsumed into your Combat skill. And we're not playing a nittygrittyblowbyblow game, I think. However, if you said, "I'm hiding behind my shield and parrying his attacks I'd say you had a low bid. I might even give you a bit of a defensive advantage, depending on the situation. Its really up to the narrator.

But the game is not doggly simulationist the way RQ was and is much more cinematic.

Jeff