Re: Leaping over trees

From: Mikael Raaterova <ginijji_at_...>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 15:21:26 +0200

>> I know that others don't share my interpretation of magical
>> abilities, inhuman and superhuman actions, but here goes.
>
>I completely agree with the effects of what Mikael wrote but disagree
>on the philosophy.

 From what you write below it seems you have slightly misunderstood my philosophy.

>My view of Glorantha is that _everything_ has a mythical/magical
>explanation, including all of those things that we in the RW see as
>"mundane" or "normal".

Yep.

>A Gloranthan that obtains 3 plus masteries in
>a mundane ability (say Close Combat) can, in effect, do magical
>things with that ability and with 4 plus masteries _may_ be
>worshipped by others so they may partake in this magic.

I'd say that the 'human norm' range is up to 20. From 1w and up you're in the superhuman/magical range.

This is merely rules-speak; in actual glorantha i don't think there is any (real) distinction between mundane and magical. Some abilities are common or banal, some are rare or exceptional and those are _seen as_ magical/otherwordly. Not that they actually need be magical in game rules terms.

--
-
Mikael Raaterova        [.sig omitted on legal advice]