Re: Leaping over trees

From: Simon Hibbs <simonh_at_...>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 14:17:44 -0000

Nor me. I tend to think of mundane abilities as those which solely act within and with reference to the mundane world, while magical abilities draw on or make contact with the otherworld.

To most Gloranthans, they would see a clear distinction here. However for very powerfull individuals, who's personal magic is so great that they routinely interact with the otherworld, this distinction becomes less relevent and eventualy meaningless to them.

> I admit that a person having several masteries in a mundane skill
are
> epic and heroic, but there should still be a clear distinction
between
> the heroism of mastering ones craft, and the feats that bring god's
and
> heroes magic into the mundane world.

Quite. I don't care how many hero points someone puts into their Jump ability, they will never be able to jump over a mountain without magical help. However I am sure there are magical feats that allow the jumping of mountains. I'm open to ideas on how to handle such abilities though.

Simon Hibbs