Re: Digest Number 156

From: Clay Luther <claycle_at_...>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 11:37:47 -0500

> From: Mikael Raaterova <ginijji_at_...>

> I'd say that the 'human norm' range is up to 20. From 1w and up
> you're in the superhuman/magical range.

Disclaimer: I do not have the rulebook with me now!

If I recall correctly, this is not correct. There is an explanation of mastery levels and what they mean in real world terms somewhere early in the rules. 1W is meant to represent a "professional" level of skill, someone who can go about the task under normal circumstances and succeed almost all of the time. 2W was presented as something like a "Old Master" (able to achieve marvelous effects most of the time), and 3W+ is superheroic.

Which brings me to another point: ridiculous sample diffculty ratings...

Did you know that nothing mortal can survive a Dragon Pass winter? In fact, most demi-gods would be hard pressed to survive it. Apparently, Dragon Pass spends all winter facing away from the sun or something...

Kero Fin is so difficult to climb that if the Goddess really wanted Sheng Seleris to stay put, she should have just dropped him off on the peak.

Don't beleive me?

:-)

--
Clay