Re: Re: Weapon/Shield Destroyer Feat

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 13:51:49 -0400

> A simple contest between the feat ability and the weapon's resistance (frex
> based on RQ's armor points). Then apply the ordinary consequence modifiers.
> The damage can be repaired by appropriate abilities as per the healing
> rules.

I would prefer to use the wielder's most appropriate magical ability or a 14. Or something based on the material. I hate it when folks blow my stuff up without giving me a chance to resist, so I'd extend the same courtesy to players -- otherwise I could do the same...

> Namely:
>
> Marginal Defeat: weapon knocked out of line. Takes an unrelated action to be
> used again.
> Minor Defeat: -1 to abilities using the weapon, repaired with an ability
> roll modified by -1.
> Major Defeat: all abilities using the weapon are cut to half, repaired with
> a contest against a resistance of 20.
> Complete Defeat: weapon shattered, can't be used at all, repaired with a
> contest against a resistance of 10w.
>
> At least this is how I did it.

Other than the resistance, this works more or less well for me. I'll give it a shot.

Jeff