Mastery Inflation

From: Mikael Raaterova <ginijji_at_...>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 20:44:19 +0200

>HARDLY! If one assume most John Orlanthis are cotters and that they can
>plant a field and harvest it normally without error, then they are
>*professional*/journeyman/expert cotters and have at least a level of
>mastery.

That road leads to mastery inflation. If all and sundry have masteries, it severly diminishes the value and awe-factor of mastery, in my mind.

IMG only one in ten has a mastery, one in hundred has two, one in thousand has three. And that distribution may be too frequent.

--
-
Mikael Raaterova        [.sig omitted on legal advice]