Bits and pieces about combat

From: Jonas Schiött <jonas.schiott_at_...>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 23:15:37 +0200

OK, this discussion is wearing a bit thin. I'll just try to clarify a few points. I have no illusions about the debate ending right this minute, but I'll at least make my posts shorter from now on.

Henrix:
>You say the poor Lunar fell and broke his neck. I say Argrath killed him.

No, I say "It depends."

Jeff:
>Um, try not to be quite so er, well, bitter sounding?

Huh? You lost me there.

Oh. Damn. The irony backfiring again. I never learn, do I? Sorry, sorry... from now on everything I say will be in deadly earnest. Except that.

>I'd rather not see 'one
>true way to play the game' debates springing up...

Me neither. I wonder what it was that wound me up to begin with? Hmmm... I think I started by trying to point out that some people were simply reading the rules wrong, then after some heated replies I realised the situation wasn't that clear cut, the text was in fact somewhat unclear. By now Roderick has explained once again what the intent of the authors (or at least one author) was, but the discussion has long since passed beyond that level into the realm of personal playing style. A type of debate that will get us nowhere fast. I'll do my best not to get sucked into it again.

Jonas Schiött
Göteborg