Re: Mastery Inflation

From: Mikael Raaterova <ginijji_at_...>
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2000 02:53:55 +0200

Steven White:
> > I haven't said anything about Hero Points and character
>> development, so i don't really see why you seem to think i have.
>
>1/10 w1, 1/100 w2, 1/1000 w3 :)

And that says what exactly about Hero Points and character development?

> > >On the subject of tightening the mastery levels, compressing them
>> >down:
>>
>> What i have been talking about is that starting characters begin in
>> the sub-mastery range, and that mastery levels aren't spread around
>> like confetti. So i'm not sure what you think the subject is.
>
>I was going with your: 1/10 w1, 1/100 w2, 1/1000 w3 :)

That doesn't make me any wiser, really. What do you mean by 'tightening the mastery levels, compressing them down'?

>Given what you want... Humm. I think I'd either start your chars
>a bit more experienced... Or play them for little while as young,
>eager, and stupid. [...]

Thanks for the advice on how to run my campaign; i hadn't realized that there were any problems with it.

--
-
Mikael Raaterova        [.sig omitted on legal advice]