R: Re: Weapon/Shield Destroyer Feat

From: Alexandre Lanciani <alexanl_at_...>
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2000 12:06:18 +0200

Jeff Kyer:

> I would prefer to use the wielder's most appropriate magical ability or
> a 14.

        This would mean that the magical abilities/resistance of the wielder extend to his possessions?

        I think that the resistance should be based solely on the material's resistance to the kind of attack. This is why I was proposing RQ's armor values, but just as a zero-order approximation. Probably iron should be more resistant to magic attacks (as well as being more resistant in general), while elemental metals should be less resistant to attacks based on their opposing elements. And so on...

        But in absence of a scale one should be begin to make up values from somewhere, shouldn't he?

> Other than the resistance, this works more or less well for me. I'll
> give it a shot.

        Fine, let me know if it worked.

--

Regards,
Alexandre.

"Cinq milliards de races d'hommes sur Terre
Est-ce assez pour croiser le fer...?"