Re: Two newbie questions

From: Jonas Schiött <jonas.schiott_at_...>
Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2000 16:02:28 +0200

Douglas Bailey:

>> Any physical impact should be affected by armour...I would
>> definitely have allowed it against hail.
>
>If this is the case, should hail have an implicit weapon rank? The
>player was a little miffed, I think, at the idea that an ordinary
>sword (^3) would cause more damage than the hail he was unleashing in
>the name or Orlanth (^0).

Right. So either make up a weapon rank for magic or disallow armor. I would suggest the later, on the grounds that most (physical) magical attacks are not narrow beams, but wide-angle blasts. The hailstorm in question would certainly pelt the victim in places his armor didn't cover. Besides, it has other effects that can cause loss of AP: impaired vision, slippery footing, uncontrollable shivering etc.

Jonas Schiött
Göteborg