Re: 2 sword fighting

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2000 14:43:39 -0000

I wouldn't make too much of that (although I like to every now and then myself), as there are many instances of Gloranthan 'Bronze' being very un-Bronzelike. Mail armour, for instance, wouldn't be very useful in Bronze (although there's not much of it about so far in HW).

I do medieval recenactment over here in the uk
> , and have done for some time, i swing a hand and a half bastard
sword
> around alot , but i could never manager two of them , my sword is
made of
> mull steal and weights close on 10 lbs

Which group are you in? I'm NFPS Vikings, and used to use a 6 lb Denbigh bastard sword with a 6 lb battleax, and, yes, not for long. Now I'm using a 4 lb, 32 inch, sword with the axe and far less pain... But in my experience 10 lbs is damnably heavy anyway, certainly for 1-handed use. My shield is the heaviest in our group and it's only 12 lbs! Naturally, the latex rubber Live Roleplay weapons are rather easier, although I always stick to the more realistic, less 'heroic' designs!

> Also from a combat point of view axe and shield is the best way to
combat
> this fighting technique,

Especially a bearded axe :)

Wulf