Re: Re: 2 sword fighting

From: Bigfoot <bfoot_at_...>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 17:30:40 +0100

> You must have held some cheap rubbish then (of which there is, I
> agree, a lot!). Reenactment swords tend to be high-quality steel,
> beautifully finished, in our group. For 100+ UKP I would damned well
> hope so too! Armour Class, our local smiths (and members of our
> group) make superb lightweight hardened steel weaponry with 30-32
> inch 10th century norse style swords weighing 4-6 lbs. That's what
> I'd expect the real ones to weigh in at (given the reenactment swords
> have thicker, blunt, edges, but better quality steel). Bronze isn't
> denser than steel, but is almost always used thicker for extra
> strength, so weapons are heavier.
>
> 10 lbs IS heavy though...
>
> Wulf

I have just wieghed my Bastard sword and it weights a mere 7.65 lbs , sorry i miss quoted , it was a guess and ive found i was a bit out , but one thing i would like to say is that all weapons feel heavier than they actual are after an hour or more combat !

To answer some else question : I belong to three groups , the knights of Wakenhurst village , the Knights of Herstmonceux and Finally the Lords of the rings , my time is spent between all three groups . Another note my fav weapon is a Dane Axe , or a full headmans Axe , depends of the sistuation im in.

Bigfoot