Re: change of system question

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 10:48:02 -0700

> Also, one rules clarification - I don't have them with me so sorry if this
> is already explicitly stated, but I'm having a disagreement with someone
> off-list: if you have 10x14-skill creatures, treating them as a mob would
> give them 140 ap correct? Despite having this wellspring of ap, they
could
> never bid more than 14 AP for a single contest, could they?

Sure they could.

There is no upper limit on bidding as long as you have the AP, and if you're a hero or a major NPC you can bid up to your Starting AP if you have less.

So a horde of 10 trollkin with club14 hopped up on mushrooms attack in a screaming wave - bidding all 140 AP. They lose (because they forgot to notice your 10w ability) and are defeated in one shot.

What keeps this from happening is the Narrator playing them differently, but there is nothing in the rules to prevent it.

Roderick