Re: Re: Setting Spears

From: Henrix <henrix_at_...>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 00:36:46 +0200

On Wed, 05 Jul 2000, Bryan Thexton wrote:
> Yes, I think I said much the same thing.

Oh, sorry, Bryan, I messed up. I started replying to you, but the second part was a reply to Richard Sands, who was talking about massed cavalry charges.

---------Snip!-------------------

> it seems to me
> that the initial contest comes down to is the cavalry's ability to
> terrify vs. the infantry's willingness to stand firm. Add bonuses or
> penalties to either side for their confidence in their equipment
> and/or tactics.
>
> Depending on the result of that contest (normally a simple contest,
> I'd think), I'd choose the winning side as the first actors, and
> probably assign other modifiers.

Yes, that certainly would be a good way to do it. It seems a little bit to large scal to fit into an ordinary HW combat, and too detailed to fit into the Warfare rules. I probably could not use the warfare rules anyhow, as they scarcely would satisfy my players, who are, on the side, miniature gamers. We would probably just use our old trusty 15mms.

> But Glorantha is a strange
> place, and no doubt someone will end up playing the stand of an
> Orlanthi shield wall vs. the charge of the rhino riders, or some such
> thing!

All too true. Let us hope they have more to defend themselves with than just their spears ;-)

--
Henrix