Re: Re: 2 sword fighting

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 09:27:32 -0400

Mikko Rintasaari wrote:

> <snip>
> > snap like a twig. This means that bronze weapons must be more sturdily
> > contructed and hence heavier. Iron's lighter and more supple. And
> > that's why there's no bronze chainmail, or at least, none that I've
> > heard of.
>
> I think that's just because it was invented after the bronze age. By
> iron age celts.
>
> -Adept

Bought a hank of bronze wire on the way home. 10 guage stuff. The kind you'd use for chainmail. It snapped after I bent back and forth it three times. The 10 guage iron wire I bought broke after being bent 45-50 times (i lost count).

I think that's a pretty good RL demonstration of why bronze was used for cast and piece armor but never mail.

Jeff