Re: Ancient Metallurgy Re: Re: 2 sword fighting

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 10:27:04 -0400

Wulf Corbett wrote:

> > > I have a silverbronze arrowhead, that a local historical
> reenactment
> > > group has made. Silverbronze is really hard, and would work
> nicely for
> > > arrowheads and daggerblades.
>

> > Not really, IMHO. Its silver, and in ancient times, the second most
> > valuable metal out there. I don't really see it being used for
> weapons,
> > especially not on a casual, cultural basis.
>
> There's nothing casual about werewolves...
>
> (were)Wulf

Yes, that's true. Which means that a silver-bronze weapon (if such a thing COULD damage a were or magical being -- I'm not sure on that) would be a special item. Remember, its supposed to be a pure runemetal weapon. That's a b it differnt from bronze with 5% silver by weight -- I can get beer stronger than that... And I think that a werewolf really requires someting more distilled... A single malt perhaps.

Not for a casual weapon and not something that was "run of the mill," which was what the discussion on bronze was (sort of) about.

Jeff