Re: Non-combat coup de grace

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 14:53:50 -0000

> >There's also the Spirit Combat situation, where the difference
> >between minor, major and complete victory is of vital importance

> Is that a problem? Remember, parting shots aren't entirely without
> risk. Also, are all spirit combats extended contests?

Not all, no. The problem is, as I understand it, a coup de grace is a Kill/Complete Success result with ANY victory, so would give an Integration result even if the Spirit was at -2 AP, and you only bid 3 AP, so long as you won. Fine for running through a helpless opponent, he's defeated anyway, but not so fair on the spirit!

Wulf