edges, not ranks

From: Jonas Schiött <jonas.schiott_at_...>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 01:41:50 +0200

Mikael Raaterova:

>You can get edges and handicaps from lots of other places than
>weapons and armour, thank you very much. I'm talking about proper
>edges and handicaps, not ranks.

So you use a lot of situational modifiers, then? I ask because in the sessions I've played, we tend to make those bonuses/penalties rather than edges/handicaps. Could be just old habits, I suppose.

Or do you see magical enhancements as being "proper edges"? It's seemed to us that most feats are more specific than that - e.g. Unbreakable Shield increases your shield's armor rank, it doesn't make you a better fighter in general.

Jonas Schiött
Göteborg