Re: edges, not ranks

From: Mikael Raaterova <ginijji_at_...>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 02:09:38 +0200

>Mikael Raaterova:
>
>>You can get edges and handicaps from lots of other places than
>>weapons and armour, thank you very much. I'm talking about proper
>>edges and handicaps, not ranks.
>
>So you use a lot of situational modifiers, then?

Oh yes.

>I ask because in the
>sessions I've played, we tend to make those bonuses/penalties rather than
>edges/handicaps. Could be just old habits, I suppose.

Depends on the modifying factor. Some are bonuses, some are edges, some are AP-boosters.

>Or do you see magical enhancements as being "proper edges"?

That too.

>It's seemed
>to us that most feats are more specific than that - e.g. Unbreakable
>Shield increases your shield's armor rank, it doesn't make you a better
>fighter in general.

I don't use weapon/armour ranks. In my games, augmenting with 'unbreakable shield' would give your opponent a handicap when you defend with your shield.

--
-
Mikael Raaterova        [.sig omitted on legal advice]